Cricket is a game of class, character, and commitment. It requires not only years of practice but also passion and dedication. Originally played in Britain, this sport has spread worldwide and made a remarkable impact on people’s lives.
We are providing two essay samples for students of class 3 on the topic ‘My Favourite Game’ for reference.
Short Essay on My Favourite Game of 100 Words
Cricket is a very well-known game. Cricket is played by men, women, and children of all ages. It is an outdoor game that requires a bat, ball, and stumps. It is usually played on a field by two teams, and the team that scores more runs wins the game. Umpires are also present to give stop arguments and provide a fair decision.
Cricket is the national game of England. It is played in many other countries too. In India, children and adults enjoy playing as well as watching cricket on the television. Playing cricket helps to keep us healthy and teaches us many important lessons.
Engage your kid into diverse thoughts and motivate them to improve their English with our Essay for Class 3 and avail the Simple Essays suitable for them.
Long Essay on My Favourite Game of 150 Words
Cricket is practiced and celebrated as a sport in many countries. The game consists of two teams competing against each other and is played within a 22-yard oval field. Each team includes eleven players who can be batters, all-rounders as well as bowlers.
The game is played based on overs, where each over has six balls to be bowled and starts with a toss. Runs can be scored by running between the wickets to take singles or hitting the ball out of the boundary in the form of fours and sixes. The total number of overs depends on the format of the game.
India plays cricket both as a recreation and a sport.In every nook and corner of the country, youngsters can be seen with their bats and balls playing cricket. The Indian Cricket teams of both men and women represent the nation in different tournaments. The dedication and popularity of this game make it larger than life everywhere!
10 Lines on My Favourite Game in English
- Cricket is a bat and ball game played between two teams with eleven players each.
- The opponents are scattered over the field, while the batting team has only players on the field.
- In the 16th Century in South-East England, the game of cricket was first played.
- As a British officer and nobleman played cricket, it was called Gentlemen’s game.
- The game is judged by two Umpires, who give a fair decision on the field.
- Umpires are not part of any team and are bound to provide an unbiased decision.
- A cricket match is limited by the number of overs, where one over is equal to six balls.
- A test match has unlimited overs and is played for days.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) governs cricket, and it is a global governing body.
- Cricket is immensely popular in the Indian subcontinent, South Africa and West Indies.
Frequently Asked Question
Question: What are some of the rules of the game cricket?
Answer: The basic rules of cricket are: Hitting the wickets with the ball when bowling, Catching a batsman’s shot on the full, Hitting the batsman’s leg in front of the wicket (LBW), Or hitting the wickets before the batsmen can run to the other end of the pitch.
Question: How many innings are there in a game of cricket?
Answer: Depending on the type of match being played, each team has either one or two innings.
Question: Is cricket an easy sport?
Answer: Cricket is not a game played by only two people, so it is easy to say it is a lazy sport. In such games where a person is batting and another bowling and others just standing.