Are you in search of the concept of the Percentage of a given Quantity? Here, in this worksheet, you can find this concept which is explained in detail by considering some solved examples. This worksheet explains the procedure for finding the percentage of a given quantity. We all know that in percentage the term percent refers to per hundred that is used to share the amount in terms of hundred. You will learn how to calculate the percentage of the given quantity with the solved examples provided. To know more about the concept of Percentage you can refer to our Percentage Worksheets to clear your concerns.
How to find the Percentage of a Given Quantity?
To find the Percentage of a Given Quantity we will write the percentage as a fraction out of 100. Let’s see some of the solved examples below to understand more about the percentage of a given quantity concept
1. The total number of students in grade 8 is 60 and in that 35 are girl students. What will be the percentage of boy students?
The total number of students in grade 8 is 60 students,
The total number of girl students is 35 students,
So to find the percent of boy students, first we need to find out the number of boy students,
which is 60-35= 25 students.
and the percentage of the boy students is=
25/60 × 100 =
on solving, we will 41.67%
So the percentage of boys is 41.67%.
2. Rosie score 56 points out of 75. What will be the percentage of Rosie’s score?
The score of the Rosie is 56 points out of 75,
so the percentage of Rosie’s score is
56/75 × 100=
on solving, we will get 74.67%.
The percentage of Rosie’s score is 74.67%.
3. The water tanks contain 180 liters of water. By the leakage of the tank, 30 liters of water is lost. What percent of water is lost?
As the tank contains 180 liters of water,
And the tank lost 30 liters by leakage,
So the percent of water lost is
30/180 × 100
on solving, we will get 16.67%.
The percent of water lost is 16.67%.
4. Ron has $600 with him and he bought some household things worth of $540. Express this in percent?
As Mary has $600 and she bought $540 worth of some household things,
So the percent is
on solving, we will get
5. In a theme party, the total number of people attended is 800 and 64 more joined with them. Find the percentage of the earlier have joined?
The original number of people at the theme party is 800
The number of people that are joined is 64,
So the original number percentage is
64/800 × 100=
on solving, we will get 8%.
6. There are 2000 boys and 1800 girls in a school. If 70 % of the boys passed and 80 % of the girls passed. Find the percentage of the total who did not pass.
The total number of boys is 2000
in that 70 percent of boys pass, Which means,
on solving, we will get 1400
The total number of girls is 1800,
in that 80 percent of girls pass,
on solving, we will get 1440,
now we will find the total number of students,
The total number of students = no. of boys +no.of girls
The total number of students = 2000+1800
which is 3800,
So the number of pass students = number of pass boys + no. of pass girls
total number of pass students=1400+1440
which is 2,840
The no. of failed students = total no. of students – number of students pass
which is 960
the percentage of failed students = number of failed students × 100/ number of total students
So the percentage of failed students=25.26 percent
25.26% of students did not pass.