Are you looking everywhere to find Word Problems on Rational Numbers? Then you have come the right way we have got you Worksheet on Word Problems on Rational Numbers. You can practice using the Rational Numbers Worksheets on Word Problems and understand various questions. Try to solve the questions prevailing here on your own at first and then cross-check with the answers provided. Get an idea of where you went wrong and improvise on the corresponding areas.
1. If a Rope is 10m long two pieces of lengths 8/5m and 23/10m are cut off. What is the length of the rope left?
Given Total Rope Length = 10m
Two pieces of lengths cut off are 8/5m and 23/10m
Therefore, to determine the rope left we need to subtract two pieces cut off i.e.
= 10 – 8/5 – 23/10
Therefore, 6.1m of Rope is left.
2. A drum having paddy weights 240Kg whereas the weight of the empty drum is 50/4kg. Find the Weight of the Paddy within the drum?
Weight of Drum and Paddy = 240Kg
Weight of Drum = 50/4Kg
Weight of Paddy = Weight of Drum and Paddy – Weight of Drum
= 240- 50/4
= 240 -12.5
The Weight of Paddy is 227.5 Kg.
3. A basket contains three types of Vegetables including 48/3kg all together. If 15/2 kg is carrot, 19/6kg is tomatoes and the rest are brinjal. What is the Weight of Brinjal?
Total weight of three vegetables = 48/3 Kg
Weight of Carrot + Weight of Tomatoes + Weight of Brinjal = 48/3
15/2+19/6+ Weight of Brinjal = 48/3
Weight of Brinjal = 48/3-15/2-19/6
= 16/3 Kg
Therefore, the Weight of Brinjal = 16/3 Kg.
4. Find the Cost of 7/5m of cloth if the cost of the cloth is $120/3 per m?
Cost of 7/5m of Cloth = 7/5*(120/3)
5. A truck moves at an Average Speed of 180/4 Km/hr. How much distance will it cover in 12/3 hrs?
we know Speed = Distance/Time
180/4 = Distance/(12/3)
180/4*12/3 = Distance
Distance = 180*12/4*3
= 180 Km
6. What is the area of the rectangular park if it is 140/3m long and 50/3m broad?
Area of rectangular park = 140/3*50/3
Therefore, the area of the rectangular park is 777.77m
7. Find the area of the square plot if the side of the square measures 7/2 m?
Area of Square Plot = S*S
= 49/4 Sqmt
Therefore, the Area of the Square Plot is 49/4 Sqmt.
8. One-liter diesel cost Rs. 56. How much does 35 liters of Diesel Cost?
35 liters of Diesel = 35*56
= Rs. 1960
9. An Airplane covers 920 km in an hour. How much distance does it cover in 15/6 hours?
1 hour = 920 km
15/6 hours = 15/6*920
Therefore, the airplane covers a distance of 2300km in 15/6 hours.
10. Product of Two Rational Numbers is 42/5 and if one of them is 36/7. Find the other rational number?
Product of Two Rational Numbers = 42/5
x = (42/5)/(36/7)
The Other Rational Number is 49/30.
11. Geeta had $250 She spent 1/2 of her money on books and 1/4 of the remainder on stationery items. How much money is left with her?
Geeta had a total money = $250
She spent 1/2 of her money on books = $250/2
Of the remaining money she spends 1/4 on Stationery Items i.e. 1/4($125)
= $ 31.25
Total money left with her = $250-( $125 – $ 31.25)
12. Area of a room is 214/2 m2. If the breadth is 83/4m what is its length?
Area of a room = 214/2 m2
Breadth is 83/4 m
Area of the Room = Length*Breadth
214/2 = 83/4*length
Length = (214/2)/(83/4)
Therefore, the Length of the Room is 428/83 m.