A. Tick (✓) the correct answer: (MCQs)
1. Tick the profession adopted by Jatrya Bhai in Mumbai.
(c) repairs fish nets
2. What do we call Kabaddiwalla in English?
(a) fruit seller
(c) kulfi seller
3. To which village Jatrya Bhai belonged to?
4. To which musical instrument was not learnt by the children of Khedi village?
5. Which village Jatrya shifted after leaving Khedi village?
B. Fill in the blanks:
1. …………………. is the main occupation of villagers?
2. Empty bottles and newspapers are sold to the …………………. .
3. Working with …………………… children in the village learn dancing etc.
4. People in the village like a ………………… .
5. A big wall built across the river is called a …………………. .
6. The smoke and smell from burning ………………….. is horrible and unhealthy.
- Worksheet for Class 5 Environmental Studies No place for us Assignment 1
- Worksheet for Class 5 Environmental Studies No Place For Us Assignment 2
C. Write True for the correct statement or False for the incorrect one:
1. In towns, there are taps but not enough water.
2. In towns, people keep falling sick unlike in villages.
3. Children from villages are welcomed in school.
4. Houses in towns have more space than houses in villages.
5. There are plenty of trees in towns and the air is f resh and clear.
6. Roofs made of tin keep the houses cool in summers.
D. Match the columns:
|Columns ‘A’||Columns ‘B’|
|1. Migration||(a) A system where people live together in organized communities.|
|2. Citizen||(b) Father, mother, brothers and sisters are the constituents of a family|
|3. Society||(c) Moving of people from one place to another|
|4. Constituents of family||(d) Is a person who asserts fundamental rights and performs some duties in a state|
|5. Cleanliness of village||(e) Irrigation|
|6. Primary education in India is||(f) It is looked after by the village panchayat|
|7. The distribution of water on agricultural land by artif icial means is called||(g) Free and compulsory|
E. Tick (✓) the measures for solving the problems of the people displaced by the Government:
1. Government should not displace the people.
2. Government should resettle them in the places of their choice.
3. Government should look after their needs.
4. Government should provide food and shelter always.
5. Open more educational institutions.
6. Give them jobs.
7. Government should not build dams.