A. Answer the following questions:
1. What made Robinson Crusoe think that the print on the ground was a footprint?
2. Why was Robinson afraid when he looked at the bushes and trees?
3. Why did Robinson pray when he saw the footprint?
4. Why did Robinson return home?
B. Tick (✓) the correct answer (Multiple Choice Questions):
1. Robinson ran back to his home, as fast he could because he:
(a) was racing.
(b) was afraid.
(c) was in a hurry to go home.
2. Robinson could not sleep because:
(a) there was an animal outside his cave.
(b) he thought savages had come from the mainland.
(c) his bed was uncomfortable.
3. Why was Robinson Crusoe sure that it was not his footprint?
(a) It didn’t look like a human footprint.
(b) It looked smaller than his.
(c) He had not come to this part of the beach in a long time.
4. Where was Robinson Crusoe?
(a) On a boat
(b) In a town.
(c) Alone on an island.
(d) On an aeroplane.
C. Fill in the blanks:
1. When Robinson was going towards his boat, he was …………….. to see the ……………… of a man on the sand.
2. Robinson stared a long time thinking, but became more and more …………….. .
3. At last Robinson returned home very …………………… .
4. The island was ……………… .
D. State True or False:
1. Robinson Crusoe’s ship had been destroyed by the wind.
2. Robinson stayed a long time thinking, but became more and more confused.
3. Luckily Robinson was not on the shore at that time.
4. Robinson was very frightened to see the footprint.
E. The words in the sentences are jumbled. Write them in order. One is done for you:
1. alone was not Robinson an island on
Robinson was not alone on an island.
2. was island the inhabited
3. footprint to someone this belonged 4 I around me looked
5. I went the towards footprint large
6. was afraid I now
F. Fill in the blanks with the correct word:
and, but, because, so
1. I was frightened …………………. curious.
2. I decided to go to the beach ………………….. I went along the water’s edge.
3. I ran as fast as I could ………………. I was frightened.
4. I was very tired …………………. confused.
G. Write a story on strange footprints.
1. Where did you see the footprints?
2. What sort of a day was it?
3. Did you see them at night?
4. What happened when you followed the footprints?
5. What did you see?
6. What happened then?
H. Use the joining words given below and join the sentences in Column A and B:
or, and, so, but, because
|1. I can sing well||(a) I forgot to post it.|
|2. She wore a raincoat||(b) It was raining.|
|3. We may go to shimla||(c) He was late to school|
|4. He wanted a book for his birthday.||(d) We may go to Darjeeling.|
|5. He missed the school bus.||(e) He wanted a football for his birthday|
|6. I wrote the letter.
e.g. I wrote the letter but I forgot to post it.
|(f) I can’t dance at all.|
I. Discuss and write:
1. How would you feel if you saw unknown footprints outside your front door?
2. If you were alone at home and suddenly knocked at your door, what would you do?
J. Look at the footprint shown here.
Hint: This is the footprint of the first man of the moon. His name was:
K. Let’s create a pyramid!
Use the following clues:
1. A two letter word beginning with B.
2. A three letter word beginning with C.
3. A four letter word beginning with D.
4. A five letter word beginning with E.
5. A six letter word beginning with F.
L. Have a conversation with your partner based on the picture below. You can start as:
Hunter 1: “Look at the footprints in the mud!”