Essay on Earth for Class 5

Earth is the only planet of the solar system that provides all the necessities required to survive. It is the third planet nearest to the Sun and the fifth largest planet in the solar system. Earth is also the only planet that has life thriving on it. This essay on Earth is for kids to understand and learn about their planet.

We are providing two essay samples for students of class 5 on the topic ‘Earth’ for reference.

Short Essay on Earth of 100 Words

Earth is the only planet to cater to life in this solar system. It is the third-largest one among the eight planets of our solar system that revolves around the Sun.Many scientists claim that Earth is around 4.5 billion years old.

Most of the Earth’s surface is covered with water.Approximately 71% is water, and the rest 29% is land. However, only 3% of water is freshwater, and the rest is saline water of oceans and seas.

The Earth is surrounded by six layers known as its atmosphere.The Earth’s atmosphere is composed of various gases like nitrogen, oxygen, argon and CO2, water vapour, etc.

All these conditions make Earth an ideal habitat for the millions of species of plants and animals.

Engage your Children into diverse thoughts and motivate them to improve their English with our Essay for Class 5 and avail the Simple Essays suitable for them.

Long Essay on Earth of 150 Words

The planet Earth is one of the eight planets that orbit the Sun in the solar system. This planet is the third nearest planet from the Sun and the fifth largest one. The Earth rotates in its axis.

Earth’s rotation causes day and night, and it’s a revolution around the Sun causes seasons to change. It is known to be the only planet in the solar system that can support life yet. Scientists say that Earth is likely 45 billion years old.

Earth also has the perfect range of temperatures for life to thrive. The average global temperature in 15° C.

29% of Earth’s surface is land. It is divided into seven continents. These continents are Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.

The rest 71% is water. 3% is freshwater, and the rest is saline water in the oceans. Some of the water is stored in a frozen state in the ice caps in the poles and glaciers. Earth is a planet that is precious to all living beings.

10 Lines on Earth in English

  1. Earth is the only planet that supports life in the entire solar system.
  2. Earth is supposedly 4.5 billion years old.
  3. Around 71% of the surface of the Earth is covered with water, and 29% is land.
  4. Earth’s atmosphere is 21% oxygen which helps humans and other living beings to survive here.
  5. The gases like nitrogen, CO2, and oxygen in Earth’s atmosphere help plants to grow who in turn produce oxygen.
  6. Earth’s rocky surface known as the crust is made up various minerals such as silicon, iron etc.
  7. Earth is spheroid in shape, and it appears bluish-green from space.
  8. Earth completes orbiting around the Sun in 365.256 days, and it’s rotation on its axis causes day and night.
  9. More than 7 billion people are currently residing on planet earth.
  10. We should protect our Earth from pollution and global warming, so the conservation of natural resources is essential for the sustainability of this planet.

Frequently Asked Questions on Earth Essay

Question: When is Earth Day?

Answer – Earth Day is observed every year on 22nd April to protect the environment.

Question: How old is Earth?

Answer – The planet Earth formed about 4.54 billion years ago, and life started to develop hereafter one billion years of this event.

Question: What Earth means?

Answer – The name “Earth” is derived from both English and German words, ‘ertha’ and ‘erde’, respectively, which mean ground.

Leave a Comment